Updates for family and friends on what I'm up to while studying in Valencia, Spain.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Esquiar por los Pirineos

Hey everyone! Sorry it took me so long to get this post up, but here it is! This past weekend around 30 of us went skiing at Port Ainé, in the Pyrenees, in the province of Lérida. The bus ride took about 7 hours, but the views of the mountains from the bus were more than enough to keep us occupied.


The town we stayed in was very small, so we just stayed in our hotel most of the time and rested up for skiing. On the slopes, my friend Nicole and I were helping a guy who had wiped out, and we learned that he was an American studying near Madrid. We told him we were studying in Valencia, and he said he had a friend studying there, and it turned out to be none other than my roommate, Zach! What a coincidence. Here is the guy, Carl, and Nicole on the lift.


That's Nicole and I on the lift.

My madre here let me use her son's old ski pants, which were really big and poofy and were a nice bright teal color, so needless to say I was very stylish on the slopes.

The weather was not the best. It snowed and was very windy in the mornings, and was cloudy all day. I was hoping it would be clear so that I could see all the mountains around (they say you can see France from the top of the mountain). Luckily it cleared up a little bit in the afternoons and I was able to get a few good shots of the mountains.


My friend Jackie had never been skiing before, so on Sunday I gave her a quick lesson. She got a lot better and we had lots of fun.

I'll leave you all with a nice shot of a mountain with snow on the top. The trip was overall a great time, I'm glad I got to ski some this year(especially in the Pyrenees).

Tonight I'm finally meeting up with my intercambio, a spanish girl that I'll speak Spanish and English with, so we can both improve our speaking. Hasta luego!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home