Updates for family and friends on what I'm up to while studying in Valencia, Spain.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Tour of Europe

Finally my spring break had arrived! I picked up my brother Michael, who visited me for his spring break, at the airport on Saturday. We had a paella that Lola made on Saturday afternoon, and after a little bit of rest we were ready to head out on Sunday. Our first stop: Amsterdam. I've never been to such a quaint city. The canals were beautiful, and the weather was perfect. Our first day we met up with some friends of mine who were there for a few more hours and walked around the city and here are the results!:


This is Michael and I in front of a government building in the main square.

The next day we went to a bike rental place and rode around for the morning! Everyone rides bikes in Amsterdam, so it was a good way to experience the culture and see the city.


Here is a cool sign in the musuem district.

We also went to the Van Gogh musuem and the Anne Frank house, which were both awesome (Anne Frank sad of course), but no pictures allowed. So you'll just have to visit Amsterdam yourself!

Next stop: London! We saw Parliament, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Westmister Abby (tombs of royalty), and many other things. Here are pictures!


This is Downing Street, the White House of the UK, where Tony Blaire lives.

Buckingham Palace. Unfortunately, there was no changing of the guard while we were there.

This is the famous platform nine and three-quarters, from the Harry Potter books. This kid looks excited to be going to Hogwarts!

Shakespeare's Globe

Michael and I in front of the Tower Bridge.

That's all for London, and we also went to Paris, but I don't have time to post that yet, it will have to wait until Monday. Thanks for being patient with my posting, and don't forget to check out Barcelona below, which is also new!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home