Updates for family and friends on what I'm up to while studying in Valencia, Spain.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Paris

Bonjour! Sorry it took me a while to finally get this post up, but things are very busy around here with only a few days left. To continue the spring break tour of Europe...

We arrived in Paris very late at night and got to our hostel only to just go to bed. However, the next day was nothing short of amazing. We went to the Notre Dame cathedral, probably the most famous in Europe, and toured around before eating some crepes at a street side cafe.



Next we took a tour around the Latin Quarter and looked around the street side bookshops, but then the most amazing idea ocurred to us...why not go to the Palace of Versaille? Versaille is about 30 minutes outside of Paris, and we took a train. Versaille is the most amazing site I have been to in Europe, and after the year I've had that is saying something. Here are pictures.




After that one breathtaking site, we decided to go to another: The Eiffle Tower. After hanging around the base, we went up top to see a great night view of Paris, and when they turn the lights on it's pretty amazing. Here are pictures and also later pictures from when we went to see the view late at night.



Later we decided to take a boat tour on the Seine. Very relaxing and pretty cool.

That day was very packed, and we still had a lot of sights left in Paris. The next day Michael and I went to the Louvre, the most famous museum in the world that happens to hold the most famous painting in the world, The Mona Lisa by DaVinci. We saw it, it was cool, and then toured a little more of the museum. It's impossible to do the whole museum because it's way too big.

After the Louvre we met up with my friends at the Arc de Triomphe, strolled the Champs-Elysees (a big street) and then headed to Napoleon's Tomb, which is way over the top. Unfortunately I ran out of pictures here, but I'm going to get some from my friends. That sums up the last leg of our European Tour. Hope you enjoyed! Tonight I'm leaving for Sevilla, and it's going to be an amazing time because I'm going during the Feria de Abril, a huge festival. After that I only have one week left, which is sad but I can't wait to get back home and see everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home